turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bbates80

Should they be allowed to charge us fees and take hundreds from us when TurboTax does hardly any work for us? I did my taxes not turbotax. You push one button.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Should they be allowed to charge us fees and take hundreds from us when TurboTax does hardly any work for us? I did my taxes not turbotax. You push one button.

Your TurboTax fees are for the software that they have developed to calculate an accurate return for you.  

It is a self-prepared tax return, so you have to do the work of entering your data and filing your return.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

If you  really thing TurboTax did nothing,

you should get the forms in fillable PDF from the IRS (no charge) and enter the amounts yourself.

Make sure you have a pencil with a good eraser and a calculator to go with the 108 page IRS instruction book, too.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

or pay a pro to do it. they may charge less than a few hundred. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies