turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

"This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Downloads."

To help get you connected to the right person for assistance, please click the link below. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dclaes

"This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Downloads."

If my license is associated with some other account,  it seems to be one linked to an old, now nonexistent, email.  While I could enter TurboTax through an account linked to my current email (I have used the online ItsDeductible for many years), the InstallTurboTax seemed to recognize my name, but generated the message above. It then required confirmation sent to the email I have not used in many years.  I requested help over the weekend to straighten that out, submitting my passport as evidence, but heard nothing back in well over 48 hours.  I have just resent that same request, with the same identification.  How do I get these two accounts reconciled so that I can download and install my TurboTax Deluxe 2020?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@dclaes Did you fill out the Account Recovery Request form located here:  Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account 

If so, these requests are not handled on the weekend.  They are processed during business hours (8 a.m. - 5 p.m. PST, Monday-Friday).  Someone will be in touch with you soon.

10Bluemax59
Returning Member

My old computer crashed and I am attempting to load Turbo Tax on my new computer when I get this error.  I am unable to retrieve any information from my old computer and need to load Turbo Tax on new system.  I have all the information as I bought the CD version.  Help

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@10Bluemax59

If you used the online version in previous years you can transfer that to the CD/Software. If you only use the CD/Software and the computer crashed, there is no way to transfer. Unless you had your .tax file saved to an external harddrive. 

This Turbo Tax FAQ will provide the process to transfer from online to the software

I cannot download my turbotax cd to my surface pro.  I installed it n my Dell computer that is failing.  How do I fix that?

Did you install it from the CD on the Dell?  There is a problem if you first installed the CD.  It doesn't connect you to an account you can find.  You have to call in and ask for the download and a new License Code.  Hopefully you get a customer service person who know about it.

Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time
7 days a week
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

I did not install from CD. Immediately went for download and got message ""This license code has already been associated with an account..." Seems that intuit creates some dummy account for each CD they sell. Intuit support folks are not able to resolve this - unless you get to some good one, who will give you license code for download (both for federal and state). Next year I'll buy download only option - hope it would work better. In a meanwhile, ordered external USB CD drive just to be able to install from CD.

Well if that code has already been associated with an account you probably won't be able to use it for the CD either.  Good luck.  You'll have to call back and get a new Code.  

I bought CD/Download version and immediately went for download (cannot do CD install). Download cannot be done due to license code  bla-bla error. Seems that each CD sold by intuit is associated with some dummy user account. You either should buy download option only, or spend hours with intuit support trying to prove that you have valid license and that they need to give you new "free" license code in order to download.

Don't know what we, as a community, can do. Probably write negative posts with Amazon, Costco and other sellers that sell this crap to us.

This is not true. I purchased CD/Download and immediately went for download since I don't have CD drive. Got "This license code has already been associated with an account.... ". Seems that every CD sold by intuit is associated with some dummy intuit account - that's the only way how they can track usage of 5 installs.

Intuit reps have ho clue how to fix this issue. If you get some good one on the phone  - they give you "free" license number to download. Make sure that they give you license for correct version of intuit + federal + state. What a mess!

Costco, Amazon, Target, etc. sell CD/Download Turbo Tax. I just went to the closest Target and bought CD/Download pack with intention to download only. Not able to do so!

Now I ordered USB CD drive just to install the software. Hope it works this way!

Do you believe it's correct way to sell software?

Help! entered the license code, somehow I'm confused. how to get back on to the normal Intuit /Turbotax system.  Running out of time!  Fist year with out the direct  use of the disk.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact customer support for assistance:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

@chappyjgioco

First windows10 machine died after installing TurboT and getting partway thru 2020 return data entry.  Attempted to download to another copy to macbook pro but was unable to run TurboT because machine operating system was out of date and mac hardware limitation prevented os update.   Tried to download another copy to new windows10 machine (no optical drive on this machine)...  Got the "already associated.. message".  Called the support for costco members number on the CD sleeve,  [phone number removed]  (which is turbo tax support), and after talking/explaining to 2 support persons,  was emailed a new license code.  I had to give a credit card number/name/address,  but was told there would be no charge.  Thanks TurboT support!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies