turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to get USAA discount for Turbotax software download (not the online version)

On the USAA website it says:

The available discounts for all USAA members for both Online & Desktop are:

$10 off Deluxe $15 off Premier $20 off Self-Employed (Online) or Home & Business (Desktop)

But when I go to the special USAA Turbotax site, downloads are not listed for the discount, only Turbotax online.  I need the download because I am filing separately with a deceased spouse.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

How to get USAA discount for Turbotax software download (not the online version)

USAA provides the discount on their website, not TurboTax. You'll need to access the discount through the USAA website. USAA provides a number to call regarding any discounts for TurboTax. It's 800-531-6347 and says "tax questions" at the main menu.  Please be prepared with the following information:

TurboTax order number (can be found in your e-mail inbox)

First and last name

Complete address

E-mail address used when signing into TurboTax

Telephone number USAA number

Please view this link for more answers to FAQs. https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/advice-tax-center?showtab=turbotax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

USAA leads you to Turbotax Online, despite saying you can get a discount on desktop version. Same problem every single year.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you contacted USAA for assistance? Per their website If you filed your return using TurboTax and accessed it via usaa.com and did not receive your discount, TurboTax will need to research your transaction. In order to do so, please contact the USAA tax line at 800-531-3225 and say "tax questions" at the main menu. 

@operaflute

Thanks. After a LOT of poking/clicking/hunting on TT site on lands on after clicking on the USAA TT link, I finally got there, but... sheesh. It shouldn't be that hard. (No idea what I did - I always have to repeat this exercise year after year...)

P.

AnonymousUser3
Returning Member

Is it possible to receive the discount after already filing?  I was not aware of the USAA discount until today.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We are unable to process any refunds here in this public forum. To see if you are eligible for a refund, please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone. @AnonymousUser3

ellebee72000
Returning Member

Choose 

Active-Duty and Reserve
Members: Special Savings  or

All Members:
Save up to $20  then

Click on File With TurboTax, the sign into you account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies