Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Munnfromnewbrun
Returning Member

18 month free trail to quick books self employed, how to redeem????

I filled my taxes thru TurboTax self employed Canada, after making my payment it said I would also receive an 18 month free trail to QuickBooks self employed, however there was no instructions on how to actually redeem the free trail. Navigating thru the TurboTax help system I see there are many, many people with the same question. After following the direction listed in the help system it still doesn't work, I'm missing step 7, which is the main step. After speaking with a TurboTax live agent I was told I needed to call QuickBooks, however they tell me I need to speak with TurboTax. Has anyone actually received this promo? Here are the steps advised by the help system. I do not see step 7. Appreciate any information.

1 Sign in to your TurboTax Self-Employed or TurboTax Live Assist Review Self-Employed account.
2 On the Great to see you again! page, locate your filed tax return and select View.
3 From the left-hand navigation menu, select File, then select Get Started.
4 On the Let’s file your return step, select Continue.
5 On the Do you want to register for CRA’s online mail? step, select Continue.
6 On the Filing your return(s) step, select Continue.
7 On the Hold up! step, select Get QuickBooks Self-Employed.
8 On the One more step to claim your free offer step that opens in a new tab/window, select Claim free offer.
9 On the Nearly there…step, fill out the First name and Last name fields, then select Continue.
10 On the Claim your free QuickBooks Self-Employed step, fill out the fields, then select Buy QuickBooks.

1 Reply
Tonyl240
Returning Member

18 month free trail to quick books self employed, how to redeem????

I also received this free offer, my credit card was charged $1 as well. I logged into my quickbooks account and it indicated my offer expired and to pay for subscription. 

Contacted quickbooks live chat and they indicated this was a turbotax issue and to contact them.

Is there a waiting period, how do I get free access to my account on quickbooks? Why was my credit card charged $1? I'd like this sorted out quickly as I cant reach a live agent or even a number to call for support after spending over $300