Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Mar 7, 2023 6:43:04 PM

20% discount

I just completed my taxes and was charged the full amount and not the 20% discount if filed before March 20 2023. Can it please be adjusted prior to charged to my Visa?

1 7 2167
7 Replies
Mar 7, 2023 7:43:47 PM

Hi. The same thing happened to me tonight as well. I had an email stating 20% off, I clicked onto the link to sign into Turbotax. I completed our returns (2 of them) and did not receive a discount. Can you please direct me on who to contact to receive the discount please?

Level 2
Mar 9, 2023 8:34:38 PM

This offer is really making people crazy, I am also in same boat. I reached out to RBC about the discount. they gave me below reply.

Please direct all questions regarding this offer to http://turbotax.ca/rbc. Discount offer, terms, conditions, service and support subject to change or end at any time without notice.

Than I connected to turbo tax product team and they told me that this offer is not valid or you have used wrong link, check with RBC on correct link and they just disconnected the call with no resolution on the request.

When I clicked the link which was redirected via RBC, I see the discounted rate , but in next link it ask us to create new login. but when we click on sign in with old account. and purchase the product it goes back to original price.

RBC and TurboTax is really not making this work and making people confuse. 

Regards,

Tejas

Mar 15, 2023 6:23:25 AM

@M-E  @jo306  @tejpal628  Please verify that the email associated to your account is still valid by answering YES or NO.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Level 2
Mar 15, 2023 9:10:30 AM

YES

Level 2
Mar 19, 2023 6:58:23 AM

The same thing happened this morning when I filed my tax.  There was no 20% discount applied to the price & I logged in with one of the e-mails they had sent with the offer.  I need my Visa account credited for the 20%.

Mar 24, 2023 7:24:42 AM

@elsa42 We appreciate your response in the other post that you have received your discount.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Level 2
Mar 29, 2023 7:26:42 PM

Very strange that some receive a refund of the discount that should have been received and others don’t.  My request has been denied by Aurora A. according to an email tonight.  Next time I’m supposed to call their 800 number at four four six eight eight four eight before I pay.  Putting this here so others can do so