Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alpal230
Returning Member

2021 turbo tax deluxe online edition purchase from retailer not compatable with 2022 turbo tax cd/download purchase from same retailer

Purchased online edition with activation code last year from retailer and created a login user name and password.  This year purchased the Standard 8 return 2022 cd/download version as same retailer didn't offer the deluxe online edition.  Now I sign in to start a new return and Turbo Tax wants to charge me again before it Netfiles our returns.  I have a login and turbo tax verified me after I entered the activation 2022 code.  Its looking like the two are NOT compatable.  How can I get around this as I've already paid $40 for the 8 return cd/download version and want to transfer my info from last year??

4 Replies

2021 turbo tax deluxe online edition purchase from retailer not compatable with 2022 turbo tax cd/download purchase from same retailer

The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Please use the form on this FAQ to request a refund: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/after-you-file-questions/help/how-do-i-get-a-refund-f...

Alpal230
Returning Member

Hi,  I have submitted the form request for refund 2 times and I receive a return email(see below)

Please advise.

Address not found

Your message wasn't delivered to [email address removed].com because the domain cm.turbotax.intuit.com couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Alpal230
Returning Member

HI

I did just that 2 days ago.  The representative said it would take a little while to have process because I bought it from a retail store.  I will watch for it in my banking.