Did you mean: 
mwarnick
Returning Member

activation code does not work

73 Replies
TurboTaxNicola

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. I am sorry to hear that you are not able to use your activation code. We are not aware of any challenges at this time. Please share which version of the software you are attempting to activate. 

GARY OBUCK

ITS THE LICENCE CODE THAT THE PROGRAM WILL NOT ACEPT

wilftremblay

The activation code on the turbo tax standard box has activation code ending in a 7. but the successful activated slip that i received  only has 15 numbers it is missing the last number which is a 7

Wilf.

TurboTaxNicola

Hi Gary,

We are able to assist you more efficiently on our social page. Please visit our Facebook page in the morning and we will do our best to resolve the matter.

https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/TurboTaxCanada

mwarnick
Returning Member

The Turbotax box says "It's Easy and Secure" and

shows three easy steps:

Sign in - visit turbotax/activate

Activate - enter your 16-digit activation code

Start - all there is to do - go

However, the 16 digit access code IS NOT the 16 digit code on the card included in the box! Or is it?

It gives an error message - and then one tries got get some help from the convoluted Help Desk. There goes an hour or so.

Now I see a small note on the box that the 16 digit access code on the card in the box needs to be activated some how at the register - who knew.  It is very deceptive. I still don't know how to get this activated - hopefully Costco can straighten this out tomorrow. There goes more time wasted.

The whole documentation of the process and Help Desk support is pathetic.

TurboTaxNicola

Sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. You can use the download link I sent you to activate your product after you have resolved the matter with the merchant.

DarBraun

Installed program (Turbotax Standard Online Edition for Tax Year 2020)  about a Month ago. I created a new account, using 16 digit activation code from the Activation Card, a user ID, Password and security question. I have not used the program yet as I am waiting for T4's, T5's etc. I tried to get into the program to use it today (Sun Feb 21 2021). The program refuses to accept the 16 digit Activation code to allow access to the program.

I have entered and re-entered  the code 11 times, checking for accuracy. This is getting frustrating ! What is the problem ?

75sharpone

When I entered my code, it took me to the online version after I updated last years file. I cannot find the download on my computer. When I start over and enter the activation code again, it is not valid.

binkygrandad

I have used your tax plan since in the 1990s. Purchased turbotax at costco and have card with code. They gave me a receipt with Costco Summary receipt. It says Turbotax Activated Successful with code printed on receipt. This code will not work when I try to activate. Codes both the same.

Please help. I have spent most of a day at this. I selected CD but I have a code not a CD.

v