Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
English EN

Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

Amending prior year tax return for error on "leaving Canada"

Upon receiving my NOA (notice of assessment), I realized I made an ERROR somewhere that told CRA I had "left Canada" which meant to CRA that I had 'EMIGRATED' on that date.  This did NOT occur as I remained a 'tax resident' but just moved away temporarily.  For the life of me, I can not find WHERE this date was entered; or HOW to AMEND the return so I can resubmit.  The impact of this error is a BIG tax bill.   Can someone tell me the Form or Line/Row to look for please.    I note that the 'Personal Information' does NOT show any date for leaving Canada.