Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having problems with 2023 version not saving your info?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will mention it to our development team and if the issue has not already been solved, will work on a fix in a future update.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Changuro

Well, I think it is a new Windows Defender Function and Update that prevents TuroboTax from saving files. 

You will need administrator access. You will go into Windows Security (search via Cortana Search bar), then go to "virus and that protection settings", then go to "manage controlled folder access", then select "allow an app through Controlled folder access", and (finally) "add an allowed app". 

If you already tried use TT to save, select the "recently blocked apps" and select the Turbotax.exe , else find your installed application and select the executable file. 

I was able to save a file afterwards. 

For security purposes, you may want to remove approval once you are done filing. A hacker may take advantage of this allowance in the future. 

luisa88

I am beyond frustration right now.  I have tried for two days to get TT to save the information downloaded from CRA and it encounters a problem and shuts down every time.  I do not believe it is a Windows Defender problem, as I completed a tax return for my husband and the information downloaded and saved without problems.  I also completed a tax return for myself and the information downloaded and saved without problems.  I am trying to prepare a tax return for my mother.  I can see it connect to CRA and download, but TT does not appear to be able to save it.  I have logged off and logged in.  I have turned my computer off and re started and logged in.  I tried creating a new tax return for her.  Still encountering the problem with saving the info from CRA.  Sure would be nice to resolve this issue.

@luisa88 Please try reinstalling TurboTax using the download from our website.  You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2023 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.