Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Apr 2, 2022 9:20:22 AM

Auto-fill my return encounters error

Auto-fill my return --> Saving your information --> TurboTax has encountered a problem. Please close this browser window and try connecting to TurboTax Online again.

I tried with Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. I cleared my cache for each, closed the browser, and re-tried. Didn't work. In total I tried six times, two times with each browser. Windows 10 Pro, everything works except Turbotax's Auto-fill my return.

Now I'm submitting this request for help.

The problem is probably not on CRA's end. It is probably a technical problem on Turbotax's end.

My spouse's "auto-fill my return" worked fine.

0 2 582
2 Replies
Level 2
Apr 2, 2023 3:12:05 PM

Same issue, I think it has to do with the number of slips TurboTax can handle. The CRA says you can download up to 500 slips at once, but when I try to load ~225 into TurboTax I get a very cryptic and unhelpful error message saying "Oops, we encounted an error".

A more helpful message would read "our servers only allow up to X slips to be downloaded, please manually enter all your slips"

An even more helpful option would be to download all but my T5008 so I don't have to manually enter everything. Then I can just combine my T5008s by brokerage to have just ~4 slips to manually enter. 

I know this issue wont affect most people since trading 200+ times a year is uncommon but TurboTax should be able to support this for the extra $ paid to file investment products.

Apr 10, 2023 11:15:37 AM

Please try a different browser and verify that your virus protector or pop up blocker is not causing the issue by turning them off before trying again.

Thank you for your patience.