Bought new truck for work do i claim hst on all puchases
Thank you for your question.
No, you cannot claim HST on all purchases. Per the CRA; As an employee, you may have incurred expenses in the course of your employment duties. Some of these expenses you paid may have included GST or HST. If you deducted these expenses from your employment income, you may be able to get a rebate of the GST or HST you paid on these expenses.
In your particular case, you might be able to deduct the GST paid on the purchase of your Truck. To deduct the HST for your truck purchase, follow these instructions:
1) Open your TurboTax return
2) Click on Find at the top of the page; once there type in GST370 Rebate
3) Check off which form you got from your employer (T2200 or T2200S)
4) Check off Motor Vehicle Expenses on the next page. On the same page, click yes beside Are you eligible to claim the GST/HST rebate?
5) Complete the next page on the details of your vehicle that you purchased