Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samikdg
Returning Member

Can I convert a TurboTax Assist and Review Premier return to a TurboTax Premier return without losing the data which I've entered?

I selected the TurboTax Assist and Review Premier type of return for myself and my spouse since we've foreign income. I've entered majority of the data through the forms but have not filed yet. But I know that I'll not require tax expert assistance and I can file return myself. Can I convert it to a TurboTax Premier return and copy all the data that I've entered?

3 Replies

Can I convert a TurboTax Assist and Review Premier return to a TurboTax Premier return without losing the data which I've entered?

No. Unfortunately, there is no way to downgrade a TurboTax return. You would need to create a new return to go back to the original product. 

To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns” in the top left corner. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Returns” from under “My Accounts & Returns”. Then delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it or “Delete” under the return’s name.

samikdg
Returning Member

Ok, got it. Is there any way of copying my profile information and any other additional information from the return I started to the new return under Turbo Tax Premier?

Unfortunately, short of taking screenshots, this is not possible.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.