Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Azdidi1
Returning Member

Can't activate TurboTax due to inability to enter data.

Due to new laptop, I installed all TurboTax products from 2013 to 2019 and activated those with no issue. When I installed 2020 TurboTax and got to the activation step, it will not let me to enter the Licence code. I reinstalled the 2020 product and still getting to the same activation window with no permission to continue. I also turned off my antivirus and that did not helped either. I rebooted my laptop over 5 times to restart the activation process, but still no luck. How do I contact support at TurboTax?

6 Replies

Please find this link regarding trouble with the installation key during the setup process for the TurboTax CD/Download version.

Most license code issues can be resolved by carefully double-checking, then re-entering the code. If that doesn't solve your problem, please go to the TurboTax Contact Us page or call our TurboTax Support team at 1-888-829-8608 for further assistance. (Be sure to save your license code in the event that you need to contact Intuit Canada for technical support.)

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team for further assistance or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.

CJShao

Was your problem solved? I have an identical problem like yours. Talked twice to Intuit support still can not fix my problem. I am using 2022 Turbo Tax on Lenovo Yoga with Window 10. All other apps (MS Words, Chrome, etc) function normally. Any one can help? Thanks!

CJ Shao

Please try to change your screen resolution. Doing this has helped some people in the past along with clearing the cache on your laptop or trying a different browser like Firefox etc.

A work around you might also try: When you get the white box, move your cursor around. At some point around the left side in the middle, your cursor will change from an arrow to what you normally get over a dialogue box (a little hand or changed cursor). Click here and type in the code. If you can copy paste the code in, it will prevent errors. Then move to the bottom right and your cursor will change again when you get over the “ok” button. Click on that area. It should get you in. 

Thank you for your patience.

CJShao

Thank you very much for your help. I finally get it to work by holding down the left click of the touchpad and, at the same time, type in the license code. 

nala2477

I cannot enter the license code for TT 2023. Why? I have tried twice to load from disk.

@nala2477 Please try installing the software using the download from our website. You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2023 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows).