Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guismo-my

Can you please let me proceed i am unable to netfile with cra on your site and was told i can do so as of january sixth and already paid?

5 Replies

Can you please let me proceed i am unable to netfile with cra on your site and was told i can do so as of january sixth and already paid?

Which year are you trying to file? NETFILE is open, but only for 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 returns. If you are trying to file for one of those years, please let us know what the exact error message is that you are seeing.

On Friday, January 17, 2020, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)'s NETFILE Service will go down for maintenance. Then on February 24th, 2020, they will re-open and you’ll be able to file your 2019 returns. TurboTax will allow you to print your return to mail it before then, but we don’t have a set date yet.

guismo-my

i already have my forms to do my return and already have paid 22.59 on my Visa please reimburse then and I normally do my return on line and don't send by mail I am doing tax 2019

If you would like a refund, this FAQ tells you how to request one. https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/after-you-file-questions/help/how-do-i-get-a-refund-f...

But please be aware that since the CRA is not accepting any returns by NETFILE until February 24th, 2020. So even if you use tax software from another company, you will still not be able NETFILE until that date.

Strata

"NETFILE is open, but only for 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 returns."

I applied for my 2018, but it says NETFILE isn't available. I don't want to have to send this through mail -- is there a way where I can reset? I would like to be able to send this directly to the CRA online! It says I can try again or send through mail -- Can I just close out and hope it says it's okay to re-send online after the 24th?

@Strata

Every year CRA shuts down for its annual maintenance where they update the tax forms and prepare for the current tax year. During this time you are unable to NetFile your tax return. This year's shutdown began on January 17th, and they will reopen on February 24th, 2020. 

You will need to wait until this date before you attempt to NetFile your 2018 tax return. As paper-filing your tax return requires a longer processing time, it is suggested you do not mail the tax return, but NetFile it when the system is available.