Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada Workers Benefit - Error

Thank you for your update and feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

ANDREAZAM

NO, IT ONLY GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY AND SELECT WHO WANTS TO APPLY BUT IT WILL MAKE YOU CHOOSE A NAME

ANDREAZAM

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 12.28.44 AM.png

It only makes you choose if you WANT TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY, but the second question: who is going to claim, MAKES YOU CHOOSE A NAME 

Please click on NO you do not wish to see if you qualify to indicate you are not interested in receiving it.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 205845.png

There is not even an option on mine to select no.  This page is the first and only time that Canada Workers Benefit is mentioned.  There is no previous option that I can find to select "no" and there is no option to select "no" on this page".  Claiming the benefit significantly impacts my return and I also believe I am not eligible to begin with.

ANDREAZAM

I tried just selecting no but it will anyway make me select a name to claim it anyway.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, please go to Forms mode, and open Schedule 6. Change the answer on Line 38101 to No. That should remove the CWB from your return. You can also do it for your spouse as well.

I thought of that too.  However, when I select "no" on my form it then automatically selects yes for my wife and visa-versa.  I can not select no on both accounts even through forms.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

jwu565
Returning Member

I have the same issue. How did you end up with fixing it? Thanks