Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Apr 26, 2023 6:07:37 AM

Cannot file Turbo Tax with Netfile as CRA account is lock

Hi,

I have went through all the steps to input all the information for my tax. I had finish paying for turbo tax and when I try to Netfile my tax. I am getting an error saying that it will not work as my CRA account is locked after making 5 tries. I did do several tries and it is lock on Turbo Tax end. But when I try to log into my CRA account. It is not lock there end as I can access my account. Is there a problem with Turbo Tax connecting to CRA with Netfile or is this a problem with Revenue Canada as I can log into my CRA account with no error?

I saw a similar post as there was no help as the customer contact Canada Revenue where the problem was not at their end.

Can this problem be fix as I had already paid and I am close to the deadline May1?

0 2 1359
2 Replies
Apr 26, 2023 9:25:31 AM

Just wanted to add more information. I had tried a second new tax return and this time I used the login for my CRA account to transfer all taxable slips from the account and I was able to login into the CRA account. Filled in the information and paid a second time. Tried to use Netfile a second time and it still give me an error as my account is locked. Why am I able to login into my CRA account to transfer file slips and information from my CRA account if it is suppose to be lock? 

Apr 28, 2023 5:27:47 PM

Your My Account is different from your NETFILE account. To unlock your NETFILE you will need to contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), as we don't control the NETFILE servers - they belong to the CRA.

If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are elsewhere, you can call 613-940-8495. This page has more ways to contact the CRA: Contact the Canada Revenue Agency