Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Save Middle Name

I am filling my 2019 tax return via the TurboTax Online Standard web portal. Whenever I try to save my middle name in:

My Returns > My Info > Jeremiah's Personal Info

it gets cleared out. I believe this is what is preventing me from finalizing my CRA Netfile.

10 Replies
linr

Cannot Save Middle Name

I have the same problem - help line was NO help

Cannot Save Middle Name

I'm using the online version, and same problem here.  I'm guessing this is a bug in the software.  How would we know if/when they fix this except by repeatedly attempting NETFILE until we run out of allowable attempts?

Cannot Save Middle Name

It would be nice if a tech looked into this as this isn't an issue us users can fix.

So far I've heard nothing. I'm getting tempted to download the desktop version and redo the taxes through there at this point.

Cannot Save Middle Name

CRA needs net file to have the middle name(s) to correspond to the SIN number name and since the software repeatedly drops the middle names the net file fails.

I am now the 4th person with this problem starting about 2 weeks ago and it remains unsolved

Please help

Cannot Save Middle Name

I've been having the same problem and I'm a first-timer so the full name must be included. I wish someone would help!

Cannot Save Middle Name

Can you please enter your middle name beside your first name and then try to file your return? If the issue persists, please let us know.

Arslan
Returning Member

Cannot Save Middle Name

The error still shows up when I enter my middle name beside my first name.

Cannot Save Middle Name

Can you please specify what error message you are getting?

Cannot Save Middle Name

No visible error message from turbo tax. It was rejected via the netfile due to the CRA expecting a middle initial with submission. 

When I went to confirm the field was filled it was consistently empty