Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpham37

Carbon Tax

I am going through the turbo tax to find and claim the Climate  action incentive Line 45110 under CRA items.

Or in other words called the Carbon Tax, I live in Manitoba and I am eligible for this credit why does this not populate under the search items in Turbo Tax?

Is Turbo tax not allowing me to claim this under the free account, and must I pay to get this credit?

2 Replies

Carbon Tax

Please ensure that you have cleared your browser cache firstly, then go back into your tax return, go to the “Provincial” tab – start at the “Provincial Tax Credit Profile”, check your “CAI” box the last one of the credits at the bottom, proceed, you will then be asked a series of questions, answer them accordingly, you will be brought to the screen that tells you the amount you will receive based on the answers you provided. Then go to your Refund (in green)  amount at the top left corner of the screen and click on the arrow near it, you will then click “View Detailed Tax summary” and the amount will be applied at line 45110.

Footnote: 

We at TurboTax want to encourage you and your close family to take all necessary precautions to ensure your safety. Please review the articles provided below for more information: 

Baralad

Carbon Tax

fill out schedule 14 (at least that is what we do in Alberta.)  It might be different for you since you have a provincial carbon tax.