• Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Feb 13, 2020 9:54:03 AM

Carrying info forward

0 7 1605
7 Replies
Feb 13, 2020 11:41:18 AM

Can you provide more info about your issue or question? For example, what version of TurboTax are you using? CD/Download or Online? What tax year are you working on?

Returning Member
Feb 16, 2020 4:51:07 AM

So, I've been using the CD version for years and years and just switched over to the online version. Question is how does this thing carry forward all that's been saved to carry forward on my computer, from previous years?

Is it by accessing my CRA file? How do I know that it captures all that info and it doesn't get lost. In the introduction I had to enter all my personal info. 

Thx

Level 3
Feb 16, 2020 6:29:39 AM

When you filed last year, there was an option to save your return.  That file is the one you need to carry forward for this tax year.  The file will have a ".tt18" on the end of it.  It is stored locally on your computer, in the location:

username/documents/TurboTax/2018.

Feb 18, 2020 11:53:09 AM

@LeoG As Byrdyman95 said, you can normally get the file from your TurboTax CD/Download 2018 return and upload it to your TurboTax Online 2019 return to bring in certain information. However, we have had to temporarily turn this feature off for TurboTax Online 2019, as we are working on some problems that we are having with it.

Unfortunately, there is no ETA as to when it will be re-enabled.

Returning Member
Feb 28, 2020 7:43:24 PM

Ok, thanks for that, but I've got a bigger problem now...I bought the 8 return standard online version, it comes with a box and card with the prepaid code under a scratch pad. 

I'm ready to file, at the end it asks you to enter your prepaid code. I enter it and it says "pls enter a VALID prepaid code". 

Called in, waited 30 minutes just to speak with a Pat, we wasted another 45 minutes or so and no joy. In the end she promised to send me an email confirming that my code is wrong which I was to take back to Costco for, hopefully a refund, but no email ever came...

So, at this point, turbotax should pay ME at least $100 for my time but here I am...If I wanna file I have to pay your $19.99 and eat the $29.99 that I paid at costco....

Do you have a solution for me?

Mar 1, 2020 2:58:16 PM

Please contact our social team media team. They can’t refund products that weren’t bought directly from TurboTax, but they can help you with your code issue.

We are on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/TurboTaxCanada

We are on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/messages/19496097-385034351

Returning Member
Mar 1, 2020 4:11:48 PM

I'm neither on FB nor TWTR. 

I need to get this thing out of my hair, I'm really running out of patience. Give me a solution and stop jerking me around. 

That lady I spoke with promised me an email...3 or 4 days later there's still no email...To tell you I'm disappointed would be a great understatement...Spent hours trying to make this thing do what it's supposed to do. I paid full price for it, I did no agree to be guinea pig in some kinda experiment...