Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JB1048

Costco 2019 Online version

I bought an online version for 2019 tax year at Costco. The website they provide is not working.

www.2019turbotaxonline.intuit.ca/online19

Anyone else have this problem?

15 Replies
TurboTaxLise

Go to our website here. I

f you already have an account you can start a new return or register for one. Once you have completed your tax return, you will be prompted to enter your prepayment/activation code, please see screenshot below:

dianneandgary

I can not locate where to enter the activation code for the Costco 2019 online version.  Turbo Tax used to be straight forward.  What happened.  Been using Turbo Tax for years.  This is a pain.

shuang1960

I want to be able to enter the activation code BEFORE I file my return, in case I lose it. Why do I have to wait until I am ready to file. This is a very stupid design.

DonaldHarveyQuinn
Level 1

When I go to File and it brings up the dialog box when I enter the code from the activation card it will not accept it but displays a message to enter a valid code. There are 2 codes on the back of the card - the 16 digit number under the bar code and the 11 digit code shown when I scratch off the cover. I tried both but neither will work.

Baxtersplace

I can't complete my return because it's asking me for an activation code, and of course, I don't have one.  This is idiotic and I am pissed.

HV148

I am having the exact same problem with my Costoc bought version prepaid code not working.  Turbotax - please help.  I went online through your website and when I went to pay, the trouble started.

DonaldHarveyQuinn
Level 1

I took it back to Costco. I went through the self checkout lane when I bought it. there wasn't a  bar code so they entered it manually but they didn't enable the code. Got my money back and now Costco has cd versions for the same price as online so i bought that. I suspect they had s lot of problems so went back to offering cd versions. The online one kind of sucked i couldn't even bring in my last year returns form my computer. Happier now with cd version

Shelley23

Hi,

The product I purchased came with a CD and I don't have a CD drive.  Also the # on the front does not work.

TurboTaxSusan

If you are using TurboTax Online and you have not already purchased a prepayment/activation code, you can click on the Continue button (as shown in the screenshot Lise posted). This will allow you to pay for your return by credit card.

If you are using TurboTax Online and you have already purchased a prepayment/activation code from a retail store such as Costco, please make sure you are using the 11 number code from the scratch card.

If you bought a prepayment/activation code online directly from us and it’s missing, please check your Junk/Spam or Deleted Items folder for your email.

If you have a code and it doesn’t work or is missing, please contact our social media for further assistance.

We are on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/TurboTaxCanada

We are on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/messages/19496097-385034351

@shuang1960 The system we have in place allows you to only pay for the returns that you want to file or print, whether you pay using a code or by credit card. This way, if you start a return and decide you want to delete it and start over, you can do so without worrying about whether you have used up a return or not. If you want to put in your code it right away, then you can go to File>CRA Online Mail and click Continue until you get to the payment screen.

@Shelley23 Please use the 21 number code that came inside the package, if that doesn’t work, please contact our social media for further assistance. Also, you can download the TurboTax installer using a link from this FAQ here: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/where-can-i-download-the-cd-...

v