Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Feb 13, 2023 8:58:27 AM

CRA won't accept my return

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

Message from the CRA:

CRA Result Code: 53

NETFILE is not operational at this time. Please visit the Hours of service page on the NETFILE website. Hours of service

You have 2 options:

Recommended - Try NETFILE again in a few minutes.

Please note: You only have 5 attempts to NETFILE your return before the CRA will lock you out.

If the problem persists, please contact TurboTax Customer Support for assistance.

• Print and mail your return to the CRA.

0 6 1023
6 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Feb 13, 2023 12:05:58 PM

Unfortunately, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is not yet ready to receive the 2022 returns. Please see our TurboTax FAQ: When is NETFILE available?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Feb 20, 2023 11:26:28 AM

I had that same message and just tried today. The day you are supposed to be able to netfile

Feb 20, 2023 4:26:09 PM

@Kympelham 

If you are still not able to NETFILE, and you are using TurboTax CD/Download, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the software. It will not delete your saved returns. If you are using TurboTax Online, please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for more help.

Jan 30, 2024 11:35:05 AM

CRA Result Code: 53 on 2022 Return on Jan30/24

CRA says it is up and running and contact Turbotax :(

David

Jan 30, 2024 11:38:53 AM

Found on another thread: NETFILE is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance. It will re-open on Monday, February 19, 2024, at 6:00 a.m. EST.

Does not matter the year or software being used I have been told. Now if CRA would knowledge this :(

Intuit Alumni
Jan 30, 2024 12:08:24 PM

Yes your information is correct. Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.