Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
English EN

Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Departing Canada

For a Canadian that has departed Canada for the USA (now a non-resident), CRA says "For the tax year that you leave Canada, use the income tax package for the province or territory where you resided on the date you left Canada."  In Turbotax, I select the Ontario package, but it forces me to put in a Ontario mailing address.   Any strategies here?  Thanks in advance for any help.