Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t_scheer

Why did my refund shrink when i claimed my transit passes?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Did you enter the transit pass in the right area?  You could have enter it in the t2202A?

To claim the PTA, calculate the total cost of your eligible passes and enter this amount on line 364 of your regular federal income tax return.

If your employer pays for your public transit pass, the cost of the pass will be included as a taxable advantage on your T4 slip and added to your income.

To counterbalance this, you can claim the PTA for the amounts paid by your employer. The amount you can claim will be indicated in box 84 of your T4 slip.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Did you enter the transit pass in the right area?  You could have enter it in the t2202A?

To claim the PTA, calculate the total cost of your eligible passes and enter this amount on line 364 of your regular federal income tax return.

If your employer pays for your public transit pass, the cost of the pass will be included as a taxable advantage on your T4 slip and added to your income.

To counterbalance this, you can claim the PTA for the amounts paid by your employer. The amount you can claim will be indicated in box 84 of your T4 slip.