Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dividend error - help please, cant Netfile for Quebec

Hello, 

I have a T5/RL3 slip with an amount on box13/case D only.  Turbotax keeps showing the same error even if i completely delete the slips: 

Your taxable dividend does not equal your actual amount of eligible dividends multiply by 138% plus your actual amount of ordinary dividends multiply by 115% or you have a taxable dividend but no dividend tax credit.

Can someone provide help on how to fix this error please? 

Thank you

31 Replies

This is how to properly enter your T5 slip and Releve 3 when using TurboTax CD/download

• Select the image of the magnifying glass (or Find) in the upper-right area of TurboTax.
  • Enter “T5” in the Find window.
  • Select T5 / Relevé 3 Investment income from the list of results, and then select Go.

The Entering your federal T-slips and relevé slips step appears.

• Select T5 / Relevé 3 - Investment Income.
  • Select Continue.

The T5 - Investment Income step appears.

• Fill out the form in TurboTax with the information from your slip.

Note: If the slip is for joint investment with your spouse/partner, enter the portion that you’re claiming where it says Your percentage.

If you’re preparing your return together with your spouse/partner's return:

• Don’t enter this slip on your spouse/partner’s return; TurboTax automatically calculates each spouse/partner’s portion based on the percentage you enter.
  • The amounts you entered won’t appear on your spouse/partner’s T5 slip entry step; instead, it will be included on their Schedule 4 - Statement of Investment income.
  • Select Enter Relevé 3.

The Relevé 3 - Investment Income step appears.

• Fill out the form in TurboTax.
  • Select Done With T5 - Relevé 3.

The T5 - Relevé 3 - Summary step appears.

1. Review the information on the screen and follow the instructions below that match your situation.
  • If the information is correct, select Done With T5 and Relevé 3 Slips.
  • If the information isn’t correct, select Edit next to the slip and correct the information. When you return to this step, select Done With T5 and Relevé 3 Slips.
  • If you have more slips to enter, select Enter New T5 - Relevé 3. When you return to this step, select Done With T5 and Relevé 3 Slips.

If after you are sure it was entered correctly- and the same error occurs please contact our customer service so that they can view your screen and assist with the error.

I have tried that a number of times, even downloading the information from the CRA and Revenue Canada site.

I can netfile with CRA but it does not let me netfile with Revenue Quebec.

There must be a bug in your software.

delagero
Returning Member

I have the exact same problem!

Thanks for the feedback. I think I started getting the problem when I started importing the information from CRA and RQ. If I recall correctly, I finally deleted the imported data, saved the TTF file, then restarted Turbo Tax, and then manually entered the forms manually. I will try this again. 

andy62
Returning Member

I have the same issue. I have deleted the imported data form the T5/RL3 and rekeyed manually. Still getting the same error. This is occurring when entering interest only.  This must be a bug. Does anyone have a solution?

I deleted the information by first setting all entries to zero in both federal and provision returns, then going into easy forms and deleting the entries there. I then saved the file, restarted Turbo Tax and manually keyed in the entries using easy form. It worked this time. Good luck. I am certain this is a Turbo Tax problem since something is not calculating correctly using downloads from the federal and provincial sites. 

I am surprise that TurboTax has not addressed this problem from when it first surfaced 4 years ago. 

Thank you for your feedback, we will be sure to advise the proper team of this issue in TurboTax Desktop.

andy62
Returning Member

Thank you . I tried importing the slips but deleting  the T5/RL3 before populating the forms but it seems to me like there is a flag set that I could not remove and still got the error even without entering the slips. My only other alternative was to start over all manually. So I gave up and mailed it in.  Looking forward to having this fixed for next year.....

fregocorreia
Returning Member

what is the solution?