I have a T5/RL3 slip with an amount on box13/case D only. Turbotax keeps showing the same error even if i completely delete the slips:
Can someone provide help on how to fix this error please?
This is how to properly enter your T5 slip and Releve 3 when using TurboTax CD/download
- Select the image of the magnifying glass (or Find) in the upper-right area of TurboTax.
- Enter “T5” in the Find window.
- Select T5 / Relevé 3 Investment income from the list of results, and then select Go.
The Entering your federal T-slips and relevé slips step appears.
- Select T5 / Relevé 3 - Investment Income.
- Select Continue.
The T5 - Investment Income step appears.
- Fill out the form in TurboTax with the information from your slip.
Note: If the slip is for joint investment with your spouse/partner, enter the portion that you’re claiming where it says Your percentage.
If you’re preparing your return together with your spouse/partner's return:
- Don’t enter this slip on your spouse/partner’s return; TurboTax automatically calculates each spouse/partner’s portion based on the percentage you enter.
- The amounts you entered won’t appear on your spouse/partner’s T5 slip entry step; instead, it will be included on their Schedule 4 - Statement of Investment income.
- Select Enter Relevé 3.
The Relevé 3 - Investment Income step appears.
- Fill out the form in TurboTax.
- Select Done With T5 - Relevé 3.
The T5 - Relevé 3 - Summary step appears.
- Review the information on the screen and follow the instructions below that match your situation.
- If the information is correct, select Done With T5 and Relevé 3 Slips.
- If the information isn’t correct, select Edit next to the slip and correct the information. When you return to this step, select Done With T5 and Relevé 3 Slips.
- If you have more slips to enter, select Enter New T5 - Relevé 3. When you return to this step, select Done With T5 and Relevé 3 Slips.
If after you are sure it was entered correctly- and the same error occurs please contact our customer service so that they can view your screen and assist with the error.
I have tried that a number of times, even downloading the information from the CRA and Revenue Canada site.
I can netfile with CRA but it does not let me netfile with Revenue Quebec.
There must be a bug in your software.