Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gkainee
Returning Member

Does anyone know how to enter T777 information into TurboTax? Looking to enter WFH expenses due to COVID and it is not clear when using the program.

4 Replies

Does anyone know how to enter T777 information into TurboTax? Looking to enter WFH expenses due to COVID and it is not clear when using the program.

Hi - You need to use form T777S not T777.

gkainee
Returning Member

Thanks for the reply. Given I have other work related expenses (use of personal vehicle for work purposes), I have to use the T2200 and T777 forms to record wfh expenses due to COVID.

Can you provide more details on what you are having a problem with?

gkainee
Returning Member

Hi There,

Thanks so much for your message and yes I will try to expand.  Because I use my personal vehicle for work purposes plus I have WFH expenses due to COVID and am electing to use the "detailed method" of claiming these expenses, I must complete a T2200 and a T777.  Would I claim the WFH expenses due to COVID simply as "Other Employment Expenses: Other expenses (Zero rated & exempt)" rather than "Office in Home Expenses?"

Please see this link for more details:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re...

Thanks for your time and effort! Ken