Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filing error

Trying to file this morning.  I am getting a message "The 'DonorConsentIndicator' element is invalid - The value '0' is invalid according to its datatype 'Token' - The Enumeration constraint failed.".  Appears to be a xml issue.  Tells me to print and file, which is not what I want to do.  Help!

4 Replies
chartman2
Returning Member

Filing error

Go back through the user profile part of your return 'manually'.  By that, i mean, click on each section of the profile details until you find the one where it asked you about giving your info for donor lists.  I had this error myself, but was able to file successfully once i found that and responded.  It wasn't a question that was asked when you went through the first time.

Edit:  I just went back to see specifically where to do this.  It's on the page 'Canadian Citizenship' in the MyInfo tab.  There are a series of questions there including the one about organ donation.  

Filing error

thanks for this... it fixed it for me too

chartman2
Returning Member

Filing error

Yay!  🙂  I'm sure they'll have to put a fix in for this, since it looks like a bunch of us early birds are having issues 🙂 

Filing error

This issue will be fixed shortly- for now you can  go to "My Info" click on (Name) Canadian Citizenship and make sure that you answer the questions " Do you authorize the CRA to share your name and email address with the Government of Nunavut to contact you about organ and tissue donation, and to maintain the organ and tissue Donor Registry?

This happened to those who transferred from last year.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.