Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed an error but it is still showing up and preventing filing

I went back and fixed an error I was too young for, one of the provincial tax credits. I then went back to the end and the error message is still coming up. I went back and checked and I do not have that credit selected but the code won't clear and it won't let me file. Only allows me to print and mail or file later. How do I fix this

20 Replies

Can you please provide more information about your problem? What is the exact error message that you are getting? What is the credit that you had to provide a fix for? Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online? 

I am using the CD. 

Error says "we have detected a Netflix error"

"You have chosen to apply for the Ontario senior homeowners property tax grant but you do not meet the age requirements of being a lea....".

When I click "fix" and it jumped back to that page. Where is says do you want to apply, the box says no. 

I am having the EXACT same problem.  I just spent the past hour trying everything over and over, and it keeps insisting that I have this set to Yes, when it is set No (at least 10 times!!).

You have chosen to apply for the Ontario senior homeowners’ property tax grant but do not meet the age requirement

I am using TurboTax Standard 2021 - Downloaded

I am using TurboTax Standard 2021 - Downloaded

This is definitely a bug in the software, and it is preventing me from submitting my taxes!  Is there no actual TurboTax support??

skraza136
Returning Member

Same here ... It is preventing me from NETFILE due to the same error (and it won't go away no  matter what I do/fix in that area) ... 

Tomorrow is the deadline and this is frustrating. Is there a workaround/fix ? 

skraza136
Returning Member

Is there an update/fix for this ? This issue is affecting several of us and preventing from NETFILE ..With tomorrow's deadline, we need a response one way or the other from the TT inuit support please.

skraza136
Returning Member

I think I found the fix/workaround for this ... It let me proceed now though I still could not NETFILE as their site is not operational at this time ...

To fix the issue, I went into FORM mode, searched and opened then ONBEN form, then fro menu: I did "Edit->Forms->Clear Current Form" and "Edit->Forms->Close Unused Forms".. Then went back to my EasyStep and it let me proceed.

This fix worked for me, thank you for posting.