Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

Form T2091

I have moved out of my principal home to another house.  Do I have to declare to CRA the status of my old house becoming an investment house (I am renting my old house).  Is There is a form I need to file with my taxes for this year?  Do I need to fill out form T2091? 


1 Reply
Level 6

Form T2091

We appreciate you choosing TurboTax,


CRA has to be notified of your old house becoming an investment house. Yes, you need to fill out form T2091.


Please visit the link provided for further clarifications:

CRA: Changing all your principal residence to a rental or business property

TurboTax: Changing Your Principal Residence


Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you require further assistance

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.