Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I have a 1042-S form from Amazon for Twitch streaming. Where do I enter that on my return? What information do I need to enter?

The only income reported on the 1042-S is 'Other Royalties' Also, do I need to pay for turbotax to access these forms?
1 Reply

Hello, I have a 1042-S form from Amazon for Twitch streaming. Where do I enter that on my return? What information do I need to enter?

ok i check it online heres a copy

How do I apply the 1042-S form to my tax return?

Open the “Foreign” Slip and apply 1042-S Box 2 in “Foreign Interest & Dividends” – Box 7a in “Foreign Taxes Paid. Amount entered will calculate to line 12100 of the Canadian tax return (T1). Foreign taxes paid will be applied as a Foreign Tax Credit, on line 40500. Furthermore, if you received a 1099-INT/DIV slip, you will apply the amounts in the same boxes mentioned previously.

Ensure you specify the source country (USA) and enter the exchange rate so the amount can be converted to CDN$. Example US$1=CDN$1.3, the exchange rate that will be entered is 1.3. You may want to apply a “note” to each slip as well to be able to easily identify them if needed later.

i did sample it in my turbo tax 2021.

in PROFILE steps you will be ask DID YOU WORK? press YES

one option there will be FOREIGN - income from outside

check the box

and when you are in the INCOME AND EXPENSES steps you will ask to enter your foreign slips info

thats where you enter your 1042-s

👍