Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pb1640

Under deductions it has. Doubled the installments made for. Example I paid 12000.00 in 2015 it calculates 24000.00 why?

When you go to review it has doubled the installments made to cra for 2015 do you have a problem with your software this year
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Under deductions it has. Doubled the installments made for. Example I paid 12000.00 in 2015 it calculates 24000.00 why?

Hello pb1640.

Thank you for pointing this out this error, we are working on a permanent resolution for this situation. I wanted to clarify that the cause of the error was incorrect handling of the CRA import amount being added to the amount entered in the interview.

As a workaround, you can navigate to your personal tax profile under the 'Profile' tab, then edit 'Instalment Payments'. Set the amount to zero, then click continue. Although you've cleared this field, the original imported amount will remain on your return. You can confirm this prior to Netfiling by checking box 476 of your T1-General on your .pdf copy.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Hello pb1640.

Thank you for pointing this out this error, we are working on a permanent resolution for this situation. I wanted to clarify that the cause of the error was incorrect handling of the CRA import amount being added to the amount entered in the interview.

As a workaround, you can navigate to your personal tax profile under the 'Profile' tab, then edit 'Instalment Payments'. Set the amount to zero, then click continue. Although you've cleared this field, the original imported amount will remain on your return. You can confirm this prior to Netfiling by checking box 476 of your T1-General on your .pdf copy.

Hope this helps.