Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leuleuc
Returning Member

Hi, I would like to do 1-2 friends tax declaration. Can I use Turbotax? Is there anything I need to be aware of? Thanks, H.

15 Replies

Hi, I would like to do 1-2 friends tax declaration. Can I use Turbotax? Is there anything I need to be aware of? Thanks, H.

Yes, you can use TurboTax. It would be just like preparing returns for yourself or your family.

Leuleuc
Returning Member

Thanks. So, I would need to create a Turbo account for each person I do their tax declaration, correct? And I am assuming I will have to sign as a representative of the tax payer? 

You can do up to 20 returns in one TurboTax Online account. However, if you want your friends to have access to their returns without seeing other people's information, then it would be a good idea to have separate accounts for each. 

You don't have to sign up as their representative with the CRA.

Leuleuc
Returning Member

Perfect. Which Turbotax plan should I purchase to be able to produce tax declaration for others? Thanks.

Leuleuc
Returning Member

Sorry for my many question. Just so I understand correctly: Will Turbotax allow me to sign as the person who did the taxpayer tax? Or Turbotax doesn't care who signs the tax declaration. Thanks!

With TurboTax Online, you pay per return, based on what is on the return, and you can see the prices on our website here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax/pricing

Retailers like Walmart, Costco, Staples, etc... sell multi-return packages, which might come out cheaper than paying per return.

If you are going to send the returns electronically, then no signature is needed. If you print and mail the returns, then the person who the return is for must sign the return.

Leuleuc
Returning Member

Thank you so much!! Last question: So, Turbotax allows me to submit the tax declaration (Federal and Quebec) directly from the online interface? How will the government know who signed the tax declaration? Sorry, my first time using Turbotax. 

Yes, you can submit both Federal & Quebec returns. The CRA and Revenue Quebec will know who's return it is based on the personal information that is entered, like name, address and SIN number. On the Federal return you can also enter the tax payer's NETFILE Access number, though that is not mandatory.

Leuleuc
Returning Member

So, I don't need a TED number to submit tax declaration for others? Thanks!