How can I get the BC WITB calculation formation?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

As far as I'm concerned, British Columbia uses a different WITB format from other provinces, but the software automatically applied WITB form for general. How can I fix it?? There are some differences of the amount.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Directly from the CRA, here is a quote regarding the WITB amount for BC:

" What is Currently the Maximum Amount of the WITB?

For single individuals without children, the maximum amount of WITB for 2017 is $1,043, which is paid if working income is between $7,171 and $11,838 for 2017. The WITB payment is gradually reduced when net income   is more than $11,838 and ends when net income exceeds $18,792 in 2017. These amounts differ for residents of Alberta, Quebec, Nunavut and British Columbia, as these jurisdictions have signed agreements to better align the WITB with their own programs.

For families, the maximum amount of WITB for 2017 is $1,894, which is paid if the family's working income   is between $10,576 and $16,348 for 2017. The WITB payment is gradually reduced when family net income   is more than $16,348 in 2017. The WITB payment is reduced to zero once family net income exceeds $28,975 in 2017. These amounts also differ for residents of Alberta, Quebec, Nunavut and British Columbia."

Please review the link below for further clarification:

Backgrounder: Enhancing the Working Income Tax Benefit
v