Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my money back? The software forced me to pay before telling me I couldn't netfile. I wound up using the free one instead but cant get money back

I had added a spouse to see if starting common law with my gf would change things, I was forced to pay before realizing I couldn't take her off the forms and couldn't netfile because of it. I had to use the free version and got less refund and now want my money back for the paid version i never used.
3 Replies

How do I get my money back? The software forced me to pay before telling me I couldn't netfile. I wound up using the free one instead but cant get money back

Replied

khkh

I also was forced to pay before I found out I couldn't file. I ended up paying, then going elsewhere to file. I have tried multiple times to get my fee refunded, but have never received any response. This seems like a bit of a scam to me! 

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8688 for assistance.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.