Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I return TurboTax Online edition for a refund?

I am not satisfied with the product and would like to return it but there is no address to return it to on the packaging.  
9 Replies

I used the form as suggested below but somehow the wrong email address was added so I never got a confirmation email.  I have checked the status of the request and it says it was accepted and completed.  How do I receive the refund? It has not showed up on my credit card yet.  My email is [email address removed]

The case # is [phone number removed]

Though it often only takes a few business days, it may take up to 2-3 weeks for the refund to appear on your credit card.

Hi.  I intented to download the desktop version as I have used this to file for many years.  I inadvertently ordered the Online version.  I wish to get a refund for the Online version and purchase the Desktop version. I cannot find my order number in the email confirmation sent to me.  Can you help??

NotOK

I used the refund form for the online full service product for both myself and my parents accounts, as I have not even started using the service - not started in anyway uploading documents, or talking to any expert, and so have not started using their services, and not filed any taxes either, and was extremely disappointed by the product. This is not what I expected compared with my usual tax preparation software/provider that I go to. I have not heard back from the TurboTax team both via email nor phone or any credit card refund. It is very difficult to get a hold of the folks responsible for a refund to honour their refund policy.

NotOK

I used the refund form for the online full service product for both myself and that of my parents' account, as I have not even started using the service for them and myself - not started in anyway uploading documents, or talking to any expert, and so have not started using their services, and not filed any taxes either, and was extremely disappointed by the product. This is not what I expected compared with my usual tax preparation software/provider that I go to. I have not heard back from the TurboTax team both via email nor phone or any credit card refunds for both accounts. It is very difficult to get a hold of the folks responsible for a refund to honour their refund policy.

NotOK

And I did use the proper form to make a request, and even tried speaking to someone!

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.