Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does one makes turboTax recalculate the numbers after making a change? What do I have to do to have TurboTax recalculate the numbers?

I am seeing the same issue.  Any help is appreciated.  I'm pretty sure last year that my pension amount was lowered by the amount split to my spouse once the pension splitting took place.

How does one makes turboTax recalculate the numbers after making a change? What do I have to do to have TurboTax recalculate the numbers?

Example:  if my pension is 75000, and turbotax does the splitting and determines that 25000 should go to my husband's for maximum benefit to us, shouldn't my pension amount in my income summary change to 50000?

I know how to do the pension splitting but Turbo Tax doesn't. If you read my original post you would understand that.

You are correct, the amount transferred to the spouse should be subtracted from the donor's pension amount. But TT does not do that and there is no way to override it.

Can you please look under the Detailed Tax Summary- you should see your proper amounts there. If you can send us a picture or screenshot so we can view- or if you prefer  you can contact our phone support who can view your screen to see where the error is and fix it for you. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I see it now in detailed...it comes up under "deduction for elected split pension amount".

thanks!

Thank you for the update.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.