Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
If you experience technical issues while doing your taxes, you can get the latest information in

The Help Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to cancel doing turbo tax

I don't want to do this, cancel my enrolment
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you want to delete the return you've created, go to Tools at the top of the screen, Return Manager, and then delete the return. If you only have one return created, you will first need to go there and create a new return (it'll be blank) and then go back and delete the return you wanted - you just can't delete an active return.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

If you want to delete the return you've created, go to Tools at the top of the screen, Return Manager, and then delete the return. If you only have one return created, you will first need to go there and create a new return (it'll be blank) and then go back and delete the return you wanted - you just can't delete an active return.

View solution in original post

Return manager is not under tools?

What options do you see when you click on Tools?

There is no tools ??

Yes...there is NO 'tools' link if you used the free version apparently.  What a rip off AND contrary to privacy policies.  I want to remove ALL of my personal info from TurboTax site, but am NOT allowed to do it since I used the FREE version.  Just not right!!!!!!!!!!!!
Level 2

Note that if you are using TurboTax Online free version, there is no Tools icon, and no apparent way to delete your account, which seems to contradict Intuit's Terms of Service (see below). It seems the tech boyz didn't get the memo from legal counsel about conforming to privacy laws and such.

What you can do is remove all personal information from any returns in the account, and while you cannot delete the account itself, if you do not want to receive reminders or notifications, you should be able to change the email address associated with it to a non-existent one. Note that if you do this, you will not be able to recover the account.

INTUIT TERMS OF SERVICE FOR TurboTax and ImpôtRapide Online Tax Year 2015 (Part B, Section 1) (bold added):

Storage/Deletion of Your Tax Return File
. Except to the extent required by applicable law, Intuit has no obligation to store or maintain any tax return files. However, in its sole discretion, Intuit may retain your tax return file during the term of this Agreement. Notwithstanding any statement to the contrary, you can delete your tax return file at any time by following the instructions provided by the Services. You acknowledge that once you delete your tax return file, you will no longer be able to use the Services to access any information that was contained in your deleted tax return file. Intuit will not restore any deleted tax return files.

https://edm.help.turbotaxonline.ca/ty15/english/text/en/quicktax/product/terms_of_service.html

So far, no word on where those instructions can be found.

I am VERY unhappy at not being able to delete my personal info on TurboTax and in fact my whole account.  I did not use it to file my return....it is a terrible program.  Just did my taxes in short order using SimpleTax.......Strongly recommend...and it is truly FREE, without annoying sidebars telling you to upgrade to Standard if you need help.  SimpleTax is totally FREE.