Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 29, 2019 5:58:16 PM

How to fix Script Error on Start Up?

Hello:  Using Windows 8.1 (all updates installed) and turbo tax 2014 (all updates as of 2/5/2015).  Program installs properly and allows me to enter data.  However, when I try to re-open existing file, I get a script error message (see attached screen shot).  If I uninstall the program and re-install, then no script error the first time I access my file.  A second access attempt leads to script error

Thank you

0 13 5561
1 Best answer
Oct 29, 2019 5:58:19 PM

I would recommend contacting support directly through our support site:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

They are better equipped to diagnose and troubleshoot these kinds of issue than what is possible on this kind of forum. 

13 Replies
Oct 29, 2019 5:58:18 PM

This is the same as mine.  I have installed 3 times.

Oct 29, 2019 5:58:19 PM

I would recommend contacting support directly through our support site:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

They are better equipped to diagnose and troubleshoot these kinds of issue than what is possible on this kind of forum. 

Oct 29, 2019 5:58:21 PM

The support site is not helpful when your wait is 93 minutes....

Oct 29, 2019 5:58:24 PM

Was having the same problem..found an answer that worked (no thanks to the intuit support line which did not pick up my call and disconnected my chat after I was waiting for over an hour). Right click on the TurboTax icon on your desktop...click properties...click the compatibility tab...tick the box "Run this program as an administrator" and then click ok. Re-open TurboTax and voila! If this works for you, send me positive wishes (like I hope she wins the lottery)!

Oct 29, 2019 5:58:25 PM

If this worked for anyone else, could you please leave a comment.

Thanks.

Oct 29, 2019 5:58:27 PM

worked for me too- great -thanks

Oct 29, 2019 5:58:28 PM

Awesome. Glad to be of help 🙂

Oct 29, 2019 5:58:31 PM

i keep getting an error script, cant seem to fix it with a download

Oct 29, 2019 5:58:33 PM

Was having the same problem..found an answer that worked (no thanks to the intuit support line which did not pick up my call and disconnected my chat after I was waiting for over an hour). Right click on the TurboTax icon on your desktop...click properties...click the compatibility tab...tick the box "Run this program as an administrator" and then click ok. Re-open TurboTax and voila! Hope this works for you.

Oct 29, 2019 5:58:34 PM

Was having the same problem..found an answer that worked. Right click on the TurboTax icon on your desktop...click properties...click the compatibility tab...tick the box "Run this program as an administrator" and then click ok. Re-open TurboTax and voila! If this works for you, send me positive wishes (like I hope she wins the lottery)!

Oct 29, 2019 5:58:36 PM

I am having the same issue and do not know how to fix it and do my 2014 taxes.  Please help me

Oct 29, 2019 5:58:37 PM

Hi clohara199.  Sorry you're having trouble.  Have you tried right-clicking the TurboTax shortcut and when the menu comes up, choose "Run as Administrator"?

Oct 29, 2019 5:58:39 PM

There is no "Run as Administrator" choice? Running Windows XP