Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian0125
Returning Member

How to re-size the icons at the top of the screen? They are very tiny and even adjusting my screen resolution does not increase them.

7 Replies

How to re-size the icons at the top of the screen? They are very tiny and even adjusting my screen resolution does not increase them.

In the TurboTax Download version, you can enlarge your icons or other information by clicking CTRL + +

Please view the images included below for guidance.

To enlarge the icons themselves, highlight them before clicking on CTRL + +

Thank you for using TurboTax.

Brian0125
Returning Member

I am talking about the shortcut icons at the top of the screen under the menu. They do not increase in size with the text.

In order to help you with this situation, I believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page. If the agent cannot resolve your issue please make sure you tell them you want to escalate the issue to a higher level. Thank you for your patience. 

weelie2

I also have this same issue, and called the tech support dept as suggested. 3 different 2nd level techs all said the same thing, "adjust Display Settings, Scale and Layout to a larger %". As noted above, this also only enlarged the body of TurboTax and not the toolbar, forms & T slip buttons at the bottom, or the usability of any T slip input pop up window.

Still awaiting a call back with a solution!

@weelie2 not a permanent solution, but there is a magnification tool built into Windows that will make the whole screen bigger.

weelie2

Yes, but it does not adjust the TurboTax blue tool bar, buttons in the lower left corner, or the formatting needed to input data in a T slip pop up box.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will mention it to our development team and if the issue has not already been solved, will work on a fix in a future update.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.