Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am an American citizen who worked in Canada this year for three months. Am I able to file this way?

I am an actress and on tour. My company toured canada and I made 33,000 while in Canada. My accountant says I have to file in Canada but I don't know how since I am back in the us. I have a tax Id number.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am an American citizen who worked in Canada this year for three months. Am I able to file this way?

You can create a file at Turbotax 2014 Canada on-line. You may have to mail in a printed version though. You would be filing as a Non-Resident from a Canada Revenue Agency point of view.
Use your tax number as  Social Insurance Number.
You or your accountant should have received one or more T4A tax slips with which you report income and tax deducted if any. Copies should be sent with your tax return. You would be mailing to the International Tax Centre in Ottawa.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can create a file at Turbotax 2014 Canada on-line. You may have to mail in a printed version though. You would be filing as a Non-Resident from a Canada Revenue Agency point of view.
Use your tax number as  Social Insurance Number.
You or your accountant should have received one or more T4A tax slips with which you report income and tax deducted if any. Copies should be sent with your tax return. You would be mailing to the International Tax Centre in Ottawa.