To begin with, I'll just fill you in on my situation:
- I'm a British citizen who lived in Toronto from September 2012 to September 2014 (back in the UK now).
- During my time in Toronto, I had two jobs, which lasted between 21/01/2013 - 02/08/2013, and 15/10/2013 - 24/01/2014.
- I've already filed a return for 2013.
So my question is twofold:
1. Do I need to file a tax return for 2014?
2. Should I have filed a tax return for 2012?
Thank you very much. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more details.
The international tax office service in Ottawa will process your 2012 tax return: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/cntct/ntrntnlnqrs-eng.html