I have an annual subscription and was not aware of...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francisrm
Level 2

I have an annual subscription and was not aware of Windows 7 not supported on download

I'm an annual subscription so i already have a paid key.  What's steps should be done other than upgrade to Window 8 ?

16 Replies
HAL9000
Level 4

I have an annual subscription and was not aware of Windows 7 not supported on download

@francisrm, have you tried installing on Windows 7? If you are unable to do so, the best steps would probably be:

1. Claim a refund
  2. Buy something else

According to several articles by Intuit, TurboTax 2019 should install on Windows 7 (even if they don't recommend it), but the experience of a number of users on this forum (including myself) is that it doesn't. So far, there is no acknowledgement from Intuit of this issue, and thus no sign that it will be resolved.

I am waiting until next week, at which point if there is no solution from Intuit, I will claim a refund and buy something else. I have already tested a free download from another provider, and while it works fine on Windows 7, the free product does not meet my needs. I have starting looking into a few paid desktop products, all of which include Windows 7 among the supported browsers - with no indication online (in community forums or online reviews) of any significant issues installing on Windows 7.

francisrm
Level 2

Hi,

Where is the link to claim a refund?  Every time i search, all i got a refund for tax.  Where is the link to refund my money for the Standard edition ?

Thanks in advance

TheFixer
Level 3

HAL9000
Level 4

@francisrm, I haven't yet tested it myself, but by all account so far, @TheFixer's solution works.

If you prefer to request a refund, here is the link for Canada:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/after-you-file-questions/help/how-do-i-get-a-refund-f...

[edited to correct link]

francisrm
Level 2

The link you provided is for US Desktop refund request.  I need the Canada product refund request please.

HAL9000
Level 4

@francisrm, I corrected my earlier reply to provide the Canadian refund link.

That said, the Windows 7 installation issue has been resolved - I successfully downloaded, installed, and opened TurboTax, and was able to carry forward a 2018 return. Aside from a couple of annoyances, it seems to work fine.

You should be able to install from the subscription CD now, but if you do have problems you can use the download version at the link below with the installation key from your CD. In either case, you will have to be online during the installation for it to proceed.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/where-can-i-download-the-cd-...

BrianMarchand
Returning Member

What did u end up doing? I'm having the same problem and being asked for CC info in online expert forms. Very disappointed. used this product for 10 plus years.

BrianMarchand
Returning Member

Tried this and there is nothing after the unzipping is complete. any suggestions?

francisrm
Level 2

After receiving my refunds.  2 weeks later the new download version can now be installed on Windows 7.
Try downloading the new one today.

But I have to buy it again to get a new license key to work.

v