Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ff88ge
Returning Member

I have an error which says self-employment is different from your province of residense,TTO does not support Multijurisdictional returns .

Actually , I did not select self employment . The entire part is not filled. Leave blank

Open the tax information  in turbo tax that I successfully submitted in 2018 .  The same error pops up in review , but there was no prompt last year.

Please give me some help . Thanks a lot!!!

2 Replies

I have an error which says self-employment is different from your province of residense,TTO does not support Multijurisdictional returns .

If you have entered an amount from any of the boxes on the slips listed below, you have what the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) says is self-employment or business income.

• T4 slip: box 81, 82 or 83
  • T4A slip: box 20 or 48
  • T4A slip: box 28 and you selected yes to the question Does the income declared in Box 028 consist of fees collected for services you provided? in the online edition of TurboTax
  • T3 slip: box 24 (foreign business income)

If you entered an amount in any of these boxes, TurboTax will ask you additional questions in order to report it as business income or to automatically add the information to a Form T2125: Statement of Business Activities for you. You might be asked to enter your province of self-employment, your business address, your industry code, your fiscal period or to complete a self-employment statement.

Teri-Ann

I have this same problem - I was working for a small non-profit as contractor, and have received back pay for my work. The non-profit is based out of Alberta, but I am currently living in BC. What do I do? How do I decide what address and industry code to enter??