Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to re-enter all my information despite bringing forward last year's information (also done online). What am I doing wrong?

4 Replies

I have to re-enter all my information despite bringing forward last year's information (also done online). What am I doing wrong?

Please make sure that you signed in to the same account you used last year when you completed your return. 

If you think you may have more than one account please advise and we can verify for you. 

I'm quite sure it's the same account. I see the 2018 and 2017 at the bottom of the screen. It's just that none of the data seems to be moving forward.

When I try to access my earlier accounts it requires a different password for the same account. That seems confusing. Are each year's returns considered separate accounts?

It appears you may have more than one TurboTax Online account.

To further assist you with this, we may need a little more personal information that cannot be shared in this community forum. You can contact us directly via our FaceBook or Twitter social channels. 

Also, take note, if you are or were using the FREE version of TurboTax, the option to import or transfer your prior year information to the current year is not available unless you upgrade to Plus.