Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jan-

I net filed my income tax and then I found that turbo tax has not calculated my medical deduction correctly. What should I do

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I net filed my income tax and then I found that turbo tax has not calculated my medical deduction correctly. What should I do

Where was the error?  Did it not add the medical correctly, or did it not add in medical from other than spouse or children?  Are you aware that the medical amount is the total medical x 15%, so you do not get a full benefit from it?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Where was the error?  Did it not add the medical correctly, or did it not add in medical from other than spouse or children?  Are you aware that the medical amount is the total medical x 15%, so you do not get a full benefit from it?

arden906

No ,Turbo Tax has entered an additional expense that I didn't even claim. Now what?

You will need to do a T1 adjustment to correct the error.  This is a fillable form on the CRA website.  It will have to be mailed in.
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1-adj/t1-adj-fill-14e.pdf