Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased Turbotax 2016 in 2016. I have the activation key. I would like to download Turbotax 2016 onto my new laptop. What is the link to download it? Thanks!

2 Replies

I purchased Turbotax 2016 in 2016. I have the activation key. I would like to download Turbotax 2016 onto my new laptop. What is the link to download it? Thanks!

Unfortunately, the 2016 version is no longer available for download. TurboTax only provides versions from the past five years, and since it is now 2024, you can only download versions from 2019 onwards. If you want to download the prior 5 years' versions, use the following link:

Where can I get the Download edition of TurboTax?

Thanks for choosing TurboTax.

Thank you! I should be able to find a portable CD drive to connect to my laptop since 2016 download is unavailable.  I have a license code as well as the CD. (I now know the number of years that the downloads as available. That info may come in handy in the future if I have a similar situation.)