Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am filing my tax refund from nz. i am mailing it to the cra and in the paperwork it asks for my bank acc details. do i supply these or leave blank and wait for a cheque

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am filing my tax refund from nz. i am mailing it to the cra and in the paperwork it asks for my bank acc details. do i supply these or leave blank and wait for a cheque

If you are not in Canada, and do not have a Canadian bank account, you will have to have CRA mail you a cheque. They will not deposit your refund to another person's account or a Non-Canadian account.

You can contact CRA's General Enquiries at 1-800-959-8281. If you are filing as a Non-Resident, you may be directed towards International Tax Enquiries. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you are not in Canada, and do not have a Canadian bank account, you will have to have CRA mail you a cheque. They will not deposit your refund to another person's account or a Non-Canadian account.

You can contact CRA's General Enquiries at 1-800-959-8281. If you are filing as a Non-Resident, you may be directed towards International Tax Enquiries.