Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im self employed using my personal vehicle. Which section do I write off my milage? I drove 5732km which works out to $3853.84 but I'm not sure where to enter that number

3 Replies
AmelieAmmie
Returning Member

Im self employed using my personal vehicle. Which section do I write off my milage? I drove 5732km which works out to $3853.84 but I'm not sure where to enter that number

Hey there! 

It sounds like you're looking for Form T2125 where you can declare expenses for your business. Once you're in that form, you should see a vehicle expenses section where you can enter your mileage and other associated expenses. You can find more information about that form here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/t2125-tax-form-declare-income-and-expenses-from-a-business-or-profes... 

You can also find more info about how to deduct mileage here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/how-to-deduct-mileage-if-you-are-self-employed-6390

I hope this helps! 

Thank you! Those articles definitely help. I looked through the vehicle expenses and found the section where you enter in your total km driven and then the amount for business use which I entered but I was confused because it didn’t change the amount of my return at all.

Is that the correct section or is there a separate area to enter in the $ amount?

AmelieAmmie
Returning Member

Hi there! It sounds like you're in the right spot. Just make sure you enter the actual expenses in addition to the mileage by kilometres. If you're still stuck and can't find the place to upload your expense amount, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.