Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCRandCo
Level 1

Import problems

I've used Turbotax/Quicktax for about 20 yrs. For the first time, I'm having issues importing data. (2019 to 2020, downloaded version, standard, WIN 10 PRO)Everything come through, except matters related to CCA: no UCC is carried forward, use of home ratios, car depreciation history and CNIL data. RRSPs and most other things seem correct. This is only happening on the spouses's form T2125 P1. There is a T2125 T1 and B1 on the main tax payers form and that is complete. The data doesn't show up on the carry forward from 2019 sheet either. I've tried starting a new return several times, and each time, when during Import I check the data being imported on the T2125, it is always blank. I have also tried adding a 2nd T2125 , i.e. T2125 P2 in 2019 and importing then. the second T2125 does not come through on the import. Any other suggestions much appreciated.

Michael

3 Replies
BCRandCo
Level 1

Import problems

Additional detail: the Quebec data for the spouse is imported. Only the federal is missing (also RRSP and capital losses)

BCRandCo
Level 1

Import problems

Further update: after doing a step-by-step comparison, I noticed carry-forward data missing all over, both for myself and my spouse. Calling tech support, I was simply told to enter the data manually. With some data going back 20 years, that was rather tedious.

Even tried then online version with the same results.

Very disappointed. One more year, and if it's not better, I'll have to look for alternatives....

Hobbled
Level 2

Import problems

Like you, I am a 20-year veteran user of Quick/Turbotax and for the first time I am having exactly the same problem.

I called tech support (early March) and they told me no one else has encountered this problem Their solution was for me to enter the data manually--which I'm going to do, because it just seems easier than trying to convince them they have a bug in their program.

I have to say, after about 15 years of using Turbotax bug free, in the last five years I'm encountering some problem like this every year.   Their quality assurance is slipping.

v