Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incarcerated and cohabitating with spouse - where do you answer these questions in the forms

I'm using Turbo Tax desktop version and I'm wondering two things: 

1. When I'm reviewing my tax return, it asks if my spouse has been incarcerated, I click applies to me and then its provides you with a drop down or Yes or No. I try to respond but it says I'm trying to override the cell. I would like to be directed as to where I can answer this question in the forms, please provide form name and line item. 

2. There is a question this year that asked if you are cohabitating with your spouse at December 31, 2020, can you also provide the form and line item where to answer this question. 

2 Replies

Incarcerated and cohabitating with spouse - where do you answer these questions in the forms

I'm having the same issue where on review Turbo Tax askes me to indicate yes or no and then says my answer is an override. I can not find anyplace to enter my answer

I found the place to enter that info. It's the "Personal Information-Worksheet" or "INFOWS"