Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Feb 18, 2023 9:00:00 PM

Is anyone else missing their sidebar menu/index on the left side of their screen? I can no longer skip between sections of my return. How do I get the index back?

I'm using Turbotax 2022 (Canada) online. There is no index menu available on the left side of the screen - as there was in years past. So I'm completely unable to navigate between sections of my return. I can only move forward/backward a single step at a time. It's impossible to get anything done!

0 2 4403
2 Replies
Feb 19, 2023 10:04:27 AM

Do you see something like this on your screen?

If so, you can click on the 3 bar icon next to the TurboTax logo in the top left to access the menu. Either your window is too small, you are zoomed in too much, or your screen resolution is too low. 

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for more help. They are open Monday to Sunday, 9 AM to midnight EST from February 20 to May 1.

Feb 21, 2023 6:37:49 PM

I figured out the issue in the end by creating a new account and working through things with a very simple return first. 

The reality is that the sidebar menu doesn’t appear until you work through the interview portion AND you complete the income review section. Then, all of the sudden, the sidebar menu appeared. 

I went back to my original account and regular tax return. Went through the entire income section and voila, the sidebar menu became available. I’m not sure if this is a bug or a “feature”, but in case anyone else is expecting a sidebar menu for quick access to parts of their return, just know that you have to complete the income section first. 

Hope this helps anyone else struggling with this.